sunnudagur, febrúar 21, 2010

Hello one and all,

So the year 2010 is nearly 3 months old, which is really scarry as does seem only yesterday that I was stood with Gudny and my Mum watching the basic fireworks on our balcony for New Years. We are told we have just left the noughties, but they have not figured out what to call the years between 2010 - 2020!?

Our flat is feeling very much like home now and to date we have:
  • Cleaned and tidied far too much when first moving in
  • Had a 2m x 1m oak table delivered
  • Had broadband fitted after finding our phone socket was smashed!
  • Figured our how to use our storage heaters and economy 7 heating...had 1 heater fixed after fuse blew and it stopped working.
  • Had a new shower fitted as other one stopped mid shower for Gudny:)
  • Had a sofa delivered twice due to first one having a rip in the leather...the delivery men loved carring in up two floors:)
  • Been to A&E twice, once for Gudny slicing her finger and once for my Mum
  • Been to Sweden and planning lots more...
Gudny and I can not believe that it has now been two years since for we left Australia and New Zealand and were reminded how brilliant Perth is when it appeared on a relocation programme on the TV. We definately felt like being back in the southern hemisphere when the snows came to the UK...well 5cm at most to our area. It shows how the UK is not ready for weather like this and it literally brings the country to a stand still...those of you that have proper winters would find it all very funny. I felt it personally as I could not get my car up the slight hill from our flat and had to swap places with Gudny and push it up with our neighbour. I ended up parking the car on the street! A few days later I had to turn back about 200m from the flat as I was sliding all over the road and saw one car roll back down a hill into the car behind...I phoned school and took the bus to work. The good point was I had 3 days off of school as it was closed due to the weather!:)

We have just got back from Sweden where we met up with Gudnys parents and her brother and his family who live there. I wont mention go-carting, as I finished last, I lapped 5 seconds slower than Gunnar who is 11!!! I did win at pool and table tennis but am no good at Guitar Hero...I will leave that for Gudny and Gunnar to battle it out for 100% hitting of notes. I missed seeing an owl that was on the car, and Gunnar said recently they had a deer visit their garden...however, we were lucky to fly back and my car not work! The breakdown man did not want to take us and the car back the 2 hours to home, but unlucky for him I had this on my insurance, so he had to. Luckily the car was fixed 2 days later after they found out the starter firing ignition was broken!

So until next time, enjoy the pictures and take care xxx

Engin ummæli: